This tip is
part of our weekly series of green printing tips, where we bring you information on green printing in collaboration with Greg Barber, an experienced eco-friendly printer.
Green Printing Tip No. 9:
What to look for when selecting a “green” print vendor?
Here are the questions you should ask:
1. Is the printer FSC certified? That will narrow your search. It takes a lot to be certified.
2. Does the printer stock Environmental paper, and if yes, what grades? If the house stock includes 100% post-consumer waste recycled, that is a strong indication of being environmental.
3. Does the printer use Soy Based or Vegetable Based Inks?
4. Does the printer use 100% non toxic toner for digital?
5. Ask the printer to show you jobs where the FSC emblem was added.
6. Ask the printer iF they are Carbon Neutral. Ask them if they know what that means.
7. Ask the printer if they are Green E certified. That certifies the plants use Wind, Solar or BioGas energy.
If you are not sure of their answers, please consider sending them to me. I am happy to help you pick the right environmental printer for your next job.
This tip was originally published on Eco-Libris blog.
For more information please visit Greg
Barber Company's website - http://www.gregbarberco.com.
You're also welcome to check our Green
Printing Tools and Resources page - http://www.ecolibris.net/greenprinting.asp
Join online testinside a+ book and actualtests - sat exam - certification training to pass ccna pass4sure exam in first try. Our best quality selftestengine asvab practice test and itil training passguide guide you well for real exam.
Back to the Green Printing Tips page